Pages

Wednesday, 1 March 2017

February Wrap - Up

Despite being the shortest month, February always seems to drag on. I've only read a total of three and a half books this over the past twenty-eight days. I wish I could tell you it's because February is such a short month and I've been really busy but, truth be told, I've just not been reading all that much. Hopefully, March will be different!

1. The Manifesto on How to be Interesting by Holly Bourne

I've already written a review for this book so if you want to know what I thought, you can read that here.
Rating: 3/5

2. Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers

(This is the 'and a half' I mentioned earlier - I didn't finish this book) This was given to me a long time ago and I've only just got around to reading it. It was a very stereotypical self help book and didn't really give any practical advice for overcoming fear and anxiety.
Rating: 1.5/5

3. Selected Poems by e. e. cummings

I love poetry but never seem to read much of it. E. E. Cummings is fast becoming one of my favourite poets so I was really excited when I saw thise little collection whilst browsing through Waterstones. It's a lovely little collection, I reach for it if I'm ever feeling stressed and need to unwind.
Rating: 5/5 

4. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

 - 4/5 I must be one of the last people to hop on board this bandwagon but I really enjoyed this book. It was quietly gripping, in such a way that you don't realise you've been reading for almost an hour and have barely moved. There's nothing like a thriller to bring you out of a reading slump!




What was your favourite book that you read in February? Do you have any books you're excited to read in March? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment